First blog post for Omicron Protocol, yay!
It's 5 days before KublaCon 2018 begins in Burlingame, CA, the "local con" for us and a convention I've been going to for 15 years now. I've been running game events for 5 years now, but never thought I would do it for my own game. Very trippy, exciting, and scary at the same time.
As we count down the days, we're realizing there's TONs of stuff we have to do to get ready. Here is but a sample:
- Paint all the miniatures, including the CyMS (NPC baddies in the game, aka "crazies")
- Get all the printed materials done, like post cards, posters, game cards, etc...
- Finalize the 2 "Lunchtime" versions of the game we'll be demoing at the Con, as well as a rough version of the full game for those who are adventurous.
- Get story and artwork on the website.
- Take photos and do social marketing.
- Write this blog.
Speaking of photos, here are some that we took with our camera phones of the work we've done over the past week:
It looks like that we should have everything ready in time for a fun weekend, and hopefully people will show up for the game. Either way, we've reached a big milestone for the game (about 6 months of heavy development, a few playtests, and a public demo at Kingdom Con in April 2018), so it's something worth celebrating!
Here's to a successful KublaCon and more progress towards the eventual (but far away) completion of this game!